Friday, January 2, 2009

A Day for Butterflies!

Jack has been sick so we've been on lock down for the last few days. He seemed to be feeling a bit better today and our hermit lifestyle was beginning to make us all just a tad crazy so Jason got a pass to go watch football with Peyton and we headed to the butterfly museum with Gigi and Grandad. It seemed like everyone in Houston had the same idea, but we were not to be deterred by the long line. We had a great time, although Jack wasn't quite sure how he felt about the butterflies once they were up close and personal. I should have known since he has a thing about scary ladybugs too. : )


Hayes and I taking in the sights

Gigi, Grandad, and Hayes taking a ride on the giant caterpillar. When Grandad asked Jack if he would like a ride, he said "no, I'm sick." Quick thinking, buddy!

Jack and I getting a little artsy. We ridiculously both banged our heads on the glass wall more than once. Must be in the genes!
What a pretty, yet very scary butterfly! I'm with you, Jack...
Gigi and Hayes' turn to get a little artsy

Jack carefully eyeing the butterfly on Gigi's shoulder
Finally, the main attraction Jack had been waiting for...

2 comments:

The Dunsmores said...

So artsy....I am impressed. I am with Jack, though. Butterflies are scary. Too unpredictable.

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys found the time to go. It's a neat place!