Monday, August 17, 2009

A Re-Cap from Racer Jack!

Okay, so it was my 3rd birthday party on Saturday and as luck would have it my mom (yes, the mom who constantly has a camera stuck in my face) pulled the bonehead move of all bonehead moves and accidentally erased every single picture she took at the party. She has been whining about it for two days now and since the whining is starting to get to me, I have decided to help her out and let her take pictures of me while I told her all about my big party. Aren't I sweet?

Okay, so where do I begin...if you know me at all then you know I eat, sleep, and breathe cars! I have loved them for as long as I can remember so when mom and dad told me that I was going to have a race car party, I thought now this could be mighty interesting!

Of course, I was excited to have a party but as they started to fill me in on all the details...I got REALLY excited. We were going to a real life race track to see real live race cars RACE! Plus, after we watch the cars race we get to go down and meet the drivers while we look at the cars up close and personal. Plus, a bunch of my friends were going to be there too. I thought now this is really getting good!

After what seemed like forever, my big day was finally here! We pulled up to my birthday tent and there were a bunch of balloons, race car cookies, hot dogs, chips, drinks, etc. And as luck would have it, the park had two big ol' bouncy things set up! How cool is that?

While I waited for some of my buds to show up, Grandad and Uncle Adam took me over to check out the track. All I could say was "Whoa"

And then I said another "Whoa" just because it was that cool!

Mom had told me that I was going to have to wear these big headphones to protect my little ears from the loud cars. She also got some for all of my friends' little ears too. Some of them didn't realize how cool they looked in them, but I had seen myself in the mirror so I knew how cool I looked in them.

After we bounced awhile and then ate some hot dogs, it was finally time for the big race. When the cars first came out, I just thought to myself now this is exactly what I'm talking about.

I couldn't believe it...they had lots of races of all different kinds of cars. They had everything! There were race cars and minivans and trucks going around and around the track. They even had some kids racing little bitty cars. One of the little cars looked exactly like my bud "Lightening McQueen"
My friends and I just cheered and cheered! I kept asking my mom who she thought was going to win, but I could never hear what she was saying because of my big ol' headphones.

I had such a good time, but I guess all the excitement (or heat or sugar) ended up getting to me. I threw up in the parking lot before we left. It was kind of weird, but after a short little nap in the car I felt much better and haven't slowed down since.

So don't worry about your bonehead move, mom! I will remember this birthday for a long, long time with or without pictures. It was awesome!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this post - Awesome idea to recap the day! Guess we'll just have to go back and take some more pics! I KNOW mine wouldn't mind :>

Stone's Gems said...

Jack, that was a great story!!! Love the facial expressions - you might have a career in acting (drama king) some day...

Love,

Gi

Robin Soulant said...

That was a great recap, Jack! Glad you brought in your third year with a bang!

Brian Dusablon said...

Nice recovery!