Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Jack Bryant



Dear Jack,

Holy cow!! SEVEN!! It doesn't seem possible that you could already be this old...but then again, I guess it makes sense because I can hardly remember what life was like before you and your silly sweetness came along. Let me tell you a little about your big, bad 7 year old self...: )

You are a beautiful mess. You take yourself and your passions oh so seriously. You love bugs and animals. You could spend all day making a 'just right' habitat for your latest captured creature. Your eyes sparkle as you talk about this species or that species...and you are quick to give credit to the 'Wild Kratz' television show for your wealth of knowledge (much to Grandads' chagrin, I might add). You call yourself a scientist and anyone who knows you well...calls you one too.

You are a beautiful mess. You love to be with your friends and confidently say "hi" to anyone who is lucky enough to be in your ever expanding social circle. You are a leader and I often walk in on you explaining the "rules" to one "captive" audience or another. You are fun to be around, goofy as can be, and so very WILD!!
I have seen your guy friends shake their heads in disbelief and your girl friends collapse into a big ol' giggle fit...all because of a silly and lovable Jackie-ism.

You are a beautiful mess. I am proud of your soul and admire your heart. You bring us such joy and hold such an important place in this family. I miss you the very second you are out of my sight. The house just feels a little bit wrong and a whole lot of different when you're not in it. Lucky for me, I get to see your baby blues and dimpled smile most of the 'lasts' and even more of the "firsts'.

And even luckier for me??

My big, bad 7 year old still likes to hold my hand on the way in to school, hug me to pieces before bed, and tell me that he loves me more than anything.

And guess what?

I think my big, bad 7 year old hung the moon. Actually...I know it for a fact. : )


No comments: