Monday, May 11, 2009

Mama's Day!

My mom told me a story a while back about how when I was little she would pick me up from day care and we would often run to the grocery store before heading home. She said she would put me in the cart and we would make our way down the aisles, hugging all the way. This story has always made me smile because I love the idea of how we couldn't get enough of each other. I feel so lucky to have a mom who has been hugging me all the way through this life. She has been there through all the big things...giving me a high five when we got the church and the reception site nailed down for my fairytale wedding, showing up at just the right moment in the surgery recovery room to exclaim that my new son is "beautiful, absolutely beautiful" but she has also always there for all the little bitty things that mean almost as much. She loves me fiercely and I am forever grateful.

I have loved the idea of being a mom for a long, long time. Now that I am lucky enough to be a mom, I love the idea even more. It is hard to put into words how much my boys fill me up on a daily basis. There is nothing I love more than to nibble on Hayes' fatness or look into Jack's eyes as he's telling me a story. Their smiles and laughter should be bottled and sold to the highest bidder. I am so excited to watch them live their lives and it can bring me to tears to think of all that I dream for them. I only hope that I will always live up to all that the word "mom" carries with it...the big things and all the little bitty things in between. I love my boys fiercely and I am forever grateful.

Although there was some debate as to who was sharing whose day, I was lucky enough to spend my Mother's Day with both my mom and my boys. Not to mention, my sweet hubby and dad too of course. We had a fantastic time soaking up the sun at the beach and you could have chalked it up to a picture perfect Mama Day. That is until that night when Jack decided to do a face plant into the tile floor. We finished up the day with a trip to the ER for Jack's very first set of stitches! Six of them! Although it was a very painful experience for all involved, Jack is doing great and hasn't let his gigantic band aid slow him down a bit.

Did I mention that motherhood is also crazy, unpredictable, and completely exhausting??? : )









3 comments:

Vanson's Mom said...

What a sweet blog. Isn't being a mamma the best! The pic with your dad and Hayes breaks my heart! So precious!! I hope Jack's doing better...and hopefully that will be your last trip to the ER...no fun!

Thompson Family said...

Stop making me cry! By the way, when did you get so sappy? :)

Robin Soulant said...

Made me cry that was so sweet...shocker! I'm ready, bring on motherhood!