Sunday, May 2, 2010

Bed Bugs

Well, it was nice while it lasted. Ever since we first sleep trained Jack as a baby, he has been a wonderful, make you envious sleeper. He goes down with little or no complaint at 6:30 p.m. and our little guy was like clockwork in the morning. Every single morning at 6:30 a.m. we would hear "mama, dada...I'm ready to wake up" over and over again until we wandered bleary eyed into his room and got him out of bed. So you might be curious as to what he did all night long? Did he really stay in his bed while surrounded by a room full of toys? Did he really go down for the count when it was still broad daylight outside? Why wouldn't he just bound out of his room as soon as he wakes up? Well I can't really answer all of the why's, but I can definitely answer the what's...I can tell you that Jack stayed right in the exact same spot all night long. Sometimes it was hard to tell if he had moved a muscle the entire night. Pillow-same, arms-same, drool spot-same, covers-same, sweaty head-same, stinky pull up-same...it was kind of amazing and definitely nice while it lasted. Unfortunately, I am saddened to report that our 'stiff as a board, clockwork' sleeper is now a "get out of bed 10 times at bedtime and get out of bed 5 times WAY TOO EARLY in the morning' sleeper. Not exactly as amazing or nice. Now don't get me wrong, he always has his reasons...he lost his tissue, he has to poo-poo, he needs to give me one more hug, he needs tell Daddy what he wants for breakfast, he wants to sleep with us, he needs an animal to sleep with, he forgot to tell Hayes goodnight, and of course my favorite "I don't know why I got out of bed" Seriously? Seriously? Don't worry though, Jason and I are staying strong and are confident that we will prevail. We are not ready to let go of our super sleeper and are doing everything in our power to keep that little turkey in bed. So here's to a good night's sleep to you and to us! Tomorrow is a big day...lots of shopping to do! And on my shopping list? Just a few goodies like a safety lock, some rope, peanut butter, a mouse trap, a night light, guard dog, barbed wire, tape, dead bolt, and of course, a straight jacket. Happy parenting! : )

1 comment:

The Perthuis---Page Still In Progress! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.