Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Sweet Spot!

There are plenty of perks to having my birthday 2 days before Christmas...#1 is that it doesn't just rain presents at that time of the year, but it actually POURS presents and #2 is that I never, ever had to go to school on my birthday. Now if I wanted to be a 'glass is half empty' type of person, then I could also mention that there is a complete present drought during the other 11 months of the year, that there is a very real possibility of a road closing blizzard on the day of your birthday party, and that if you are lucky enough to have this birthday then you will never, ever get to bring cupcakes to your classmates on your big day. : ) Now as most of you now know, we are about to have 3 little rug rats running around here. Our first born, Jackson Bryant, is a very blessed little boy who happened to be born on August 23rd. This August birthday is awesome in plenty of ways (mainly of the pool party kind), but alas it is also a few days before the school year begins which means there are no school cupcakes on the horizon for baby boy #1. Now as some of you know, our third baby to be will be making his or her debut on the above mentioned December 23rd. Yep, that's right a scheduled c-section right smack dab on my 35th birthday. And since we try to be 'glass is half full' type of people around here, I will mention yet again that there are many perks that come with this birthday, but alas these do not include one, single classmate cupcake for sweet baby #3. Now you might have noticed that I have yet to mention Mr. Hayesee Bear Fisher, our little booger stuck in the middle of all this madness. Not the oldest, but not the youngest. Not the first, but not the last. The one who we will gladly, deliberately, and enthusiastically go out of our way to show just as much excitement about as we did with the first child and be just as sentimental about as we are going to be with the last child. This is a pledge I have made and plan to keep so take that future therapists! : ) With that being pledged, you can imagine my utter excitement when I realized that my soon-to-be middle child would be attending school on his actual, real life, true blue 2nd BIRTHDAY! It took me about two seconds to realize, compute, and embrace the pure awesomeness of getting to bring baby cupcakes for little Bear Bear to share with his little buds. And amazingly enough, it was just as cool as I always imagined it to be! So here's to you my perfectly lovable midpoint baby...there's not a single thing average about you!




2 comments:

Ashley Bell said...

I love your blog - commentary is entertaining and the pictures are priceless!

The Reiersons said...

Happy (belated) birthday Hayes!!!

I share a birthday with my dad and growing up I loved it because all my aunts and uncles remembered my (and their brother's) birthday - they'd call us every year(I can't say the same for my other two sisters who never got calls on their big days - he he). Plus, my dad tells me every year that I am the best birthday present he ever rec'd - what more could a a daddy's girl ask for? :-)