Saturday, July 30, 2011

Gigi, Grandad, and 4/5 of the Griswalds Take Florida!

Gigi and Grandad are sweet enough to invite us on a beach vacation every summer. Unfortunately things were a little different this year...we added sweet baby Kate to the mix and Jason wasn't able to make the trip due to that annoying thing called work. So yes go ahead and do the math...WE WERE A BABY UP AND A DADDY DOWN! And let me tell you, those odds made for quite the cross country adventure! Here are a few of my favorite quotes of the week...

"Unbelievable" - Grandad any time the kids did something insane (which was a lot)
"I mell something" - Bear every time someone pooped or threw up (which was a lot)
"That was freaky" - Jack's response after Gigi jumped in the ocean to rescue his pet Flipper
"Close your eyes, Grandad" - Jack while trying to hit Grandad with a noodle
"If Jack throws up, I'm going to mell it" - Bear during a car ride back to the hotel
"There comes them" - me after spotting Jack and Grandad
"Get me out of this car" - anyone who was sitting in the backseat with the kiddos
"Grandad said it was going to stop raining" - Jack every few minutes after 24 hrs of rain
"It mells like fishies" - Bear's observation while walking to the car
"Do you like this one?" - Gigi after picking out the exact same shirt I had just bought 5 min ago
"Slurp, slurp, slurp" - Grandad drinking his 44 oz margarita while hiding behind the car

Good times, baby, good times! Thanks for braving the storm with me, Gigi and Grandad! I love you guys so very much and treasure all of our crazy memories!

















3 comments:

Stone's Gems said...

You forgot my quote "I have never seen so much poop in my life!" Great pictures. Great time.

Stone's Gems said...

I didn't remember that we had such a great time...pictures don't lie!!!

gigi

Dustin and Jody said...

You got some really good photos from the beach trip. I would frame all of them and put all around my house. Looked like a blast!