Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Baby Doll Day!

My sweet Little Granny made me about 7 or 8 dolls when I was a little girl. I remember loving these dolls and playing with them ALL of the time. My mom passed them on to me not too long ago, but with all of these boys around here I just put them up in a closet and forgot about them. Well, there has been some major nesting going on around here and in all of the organized chaos I happened across the little dolls once again. I pulled them out and much to my surprise my sweet boys were all about these baby dolls. We spent the day feeding them, changing their diapers, putting them to sleep, praying with them, watching 'Dinosaur Train' with them, smashing them, giving them drinks, hugging them, throwing them on the ground, and all the other things that entail a run of the mill day in parenting. : ) Here are some of my favorite quotes of our baby doll day...
"you are safe and sound in your bed, baby...come on, Bear, let's go watch some t.v."
"we are NOT babysitters, we are parents."
"they love the smash game...see they're still smiling"
"the hardest thing about babies is keeping the animals from eating them"
"more babies, more babies, more babies"
"we need a crib fence so these babies can't get out"
"my babies have watched enough t.v. for today"
"man, these babies are heavy"
And my all time favorite quote was from Jason as he walked in on our sweet caregivers and their abundance of babies...
"Boys, do we need to go outside and blow something up?" : )




2 comments:

Vanson's Mom said...

This HAS to be my favorite blog entry yet. The quotes!! Ha! And especially Jason's. You guys crack me up. What great practice for baby time with the boys. Your a genius!

Stone's Gems said...

Little Granny has a BIG smile on her face up in heaven!