Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Gullible Much?

I am always hoping to get great pictures of the boys bonding. And by hoping, I mean that I will go to extraordinary lengths to get great pictures of the boys bonding. Like most mothers I know, I will often jump, dance, sing, clap, and otherwise make a fool of myself in order to capture that perfect picture. No one knows the lengths I will go to more than my husband. That's right everyone...my sweet, sweet husband. I have had to hear about Jason's unwavering sweetness from family and friends ever since we first got together. Blah, blah, blah. BLAH! Since I have had to endure this constant and overwhelming flattery of Sir Sweetness, I have decided to present this very unflattering post to show that even the sweet ones have a nasty side. Simply put, my sweet hubby exploited my need to capture and document our sons lives. I have been anxiously awaiting the day when Hayes can sit up well enough that the boys can take a bubble bath all by themselves. I can already picture it (no pun intended) in my mind and can't wait to capture it on film. Since Hayes can't quite sit up yet, I have been taking the bath with the boys and Jason assists from the sideline. The other night, Jason (with a glimmer in his eye) suggested that we should put a ton of bubbles in the bath and then I should go underwater. That way it would look like the boys were in the bath all by their lonesomes. I kinda had an inkling that he might be messing with me, but after staring him down for a minute decided that I had never loved this man more and that it was a great idea! It wasn't until I came up sputtering for air and glanced over at my now laughing husband did I realize that I had seriously been had. What a punk! I am so glad to be able to clear up all the misconceptions and let everyone finally know the truth...I have been the sweet one all along! Ha!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my, did he get you! Be glad he was smart enough to suggest bathing clothes beforehand!

the fishers said...

No, the bathing clothes are due to a conversation I had with Jack a couple of weeks ago. It went something like this...
"I like your boobies"
"No, those are mommy's privates"
"I like your privates"
See why I started with the bathing clothes??

The Dunsmores said...

Good call on the bathing clothes. It sucks when they get so smart....

Miss ya!