Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Yee-Haw and a Couple of Sic Ems!!

I have been thinking that we might have a mild case of Spring Fever around here, but after this past weekend I now think it could bemore of a full on attack. We started off the weekend with Gigi and I running in our first Rodeo Run. Surprisingly, we had a ton of fun and I realized that there was no reason to be nervous about asking my mom to run with me. What could be so scary about asking your child's grandmother to run with you? Well, considering that she usually leaves me in her dust and has even stated ever so sweetly that "it is physically impossible to run as slow as you", I was just a tad apprehensive about how things were going to go. I even tried to think of ready made excuses...I have two kids. Yeah, so does she. I have short legs. Yeah, so does she. See? Nothing was holding any water. Luckily, either it somehow became physically possible to run as slow as me or Gigi's intense competitive spirit slept in that day. Whatever the case may be, we crossed the finish hand in hand!
After such a great Saturday, we decided the perfect ending to the weekend would be a trip to Minute Maid Park to cheer on the Baylor Bears in their game against Rice. So we decked both the boys out in their baseball caps and off we went! Although the crowd was quite a bit smaller and definitely quieter than with the Stros, we had such a good time supporting ol' BU. Jack had so much fun playing to the crowd (he loves a captive audience) and he was actually really interested in the game for awhile. Jason was psyched to have Jack on his lap while he told him all about the dynamics of the game. Although I thought to myself that he might be going into a little too much detail for our tiny two year old, I thankfully kept quiet and Jack soon let me know I was very wrong. Jason stopped to catch his breath and Jack looked up at him from under the brim of his ball cap and said just as sweet as can be "tell me dada" Oh boy. Even ballpark nachos and a bud light can't beat a moment like that!




3 comments:

Stone's Gems said...

Can't think of a better racing partner than my favorite girl child!!! Mom

The Dunsmores said...

Hey skinny minny! You and your mom make a preggo feel a little on the porky side...
ugh.

Love ya!

Thompson Family said...

Still running slow, eh?