Thursday, September 25, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

When I was little, my parents say that I would often run to tell them about something I was happy about and then exclaim "Aren't I a lucky duck?" Well, tomorrow is Jason and I's third wedding anniversary and that is exactly the phrase that comes to mind when I think about having him as my husband. On one hand, it is so hard to believe that we have only been married three years, but then on the other these years have just flown by. We have had so much going on that I am sure most marriage counselors would cringe if they looked at us on paper...both of us have changed jobs and gone from two incomes to one, we have bought a house and moved to a new part of the city, we have had a new baby, we have stumbled through the illness and loss of Jason's dad, and we are now only six days shy of having our second child. So as you can see, it has been three years jam packed with stressors...both in and out of our control. Although there have definitely been times throughout our marriage when we have found ourselves going through the motions and just trying to maintain a little sanity, we thankfully continue to love and support each other with a fierceness that only comes with this lifelong commitment. There are so many things I love about this man of mine. He is still the cutest guy I have ever seen and there is no one I would rather spend my days around. I am so proud of the way he lives his life and the character he shows on a daily basis. His smile is contagious. He might not always understand where I am coming from, but he will always listen to my feelings and never makes me feel silly. He is that dad...the one who will make all the kids crack up, who can fix anything, and will teach our boys to honor and respect women. When he laughs, his eyes sparkle and crinkle up in just the right way. He enjoys being around my family and understands their importance to me. He can still make me feel like the most beautiful girl in the room (and I am saying this at nine months pregnant so believe me, he is that good). He is my biggest comfort in this world and it is an amazing feeling to know, without a doubt, that I made the best choice of my life when I picked him as my husband. So again, am I a lucky duck or what?






















6 comments:

Robin Soulant said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

The Perthuis---Page Still In Progress! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Perthuis---Page Still In Progress! said...

Awwww...Happy Anniversary you guys!

Anonymous said...

Aww! Happy Anniversary you lucky duck!

Thompson Family said...

Happy anniversary! You HAVE TO stop making me cry! :)

The Dunsmores said...

Sorry...somehow I missed this entry when it happened. Happy Anniversary! By the way: not too shabby...two kids alredy in your married bag o' tricks! You guys don't mess around...

Love you guys!